Monday, 31 October 2016

Blood by Blood by Ryan Graudin

GoodReads: For the resistance in 1950s Germany, the war may be over, but the fight has just begun.

Death camp survivor Yael, who has the power to skinshift, is on the run: the world has just seen her shoot and kill Hitler. But the truth of what happened is far more complicated, and its consequences are deadly. Yael and her unlikely comrades dive into enemy territory to try to turn the tide against the New Order, and there is no alternative but to see their mission through to the end, whatever the cost.

But dark secrets reveal dark truths, and one question hangs over them all: how far can you go for the ones you love?

- Add to GoodReads
Source: Visit SocialBookCo to compare and find the lowest price for this book.

I really enjoyed reading Wolf by Wolf last year, and have been looking forward to Blood for Blood even though I had a feeling there was heartbreak to come.

Blood for Blood is told from Yael, Felix, and Luka’s POV – mostly in the present, with flashback to their pasts here and there. This enables you to get to know the characters better, especially Felix and Luka whose perspectives were not included in the previous book.

Yael is such an amazing heroine. She has a horrible past, but instead of breaking her it’s made her stronger and more determined. She has a lot on her shoulders and constantly has to make morally hard choices. 

Felix, one of my favourite characters from the last book is also forced to make some tough decisions. My heart broke seeing him struggle and question himself. I would not want to be put in his position. Even though his choice frustrated me at times, I can understand why he took the path he did.

I have to admit I wasn't really a fan of Luka in the first book. I felt like he was portrayed as a typical 'bad boy'. I have to say, however, that I came to appreciate him more in Blood for Blood. I think the fact that we get to read from his POV helped me sympathise for him.

I kind of expected the ending and honestly think it couldn’t have ended any other way. It was brilliantly executed and definitely packed a punch.

Blood for Blood has it all: action, heartbreak, and betrayal!

Rating:

3 comments:

  1. A lot of people have loved this duology but I really haven't felt this is my kind of book. But with my new job I should really read it as it could take me by surprise a lot. Great review, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think you like Luka more in this one. It was nice to get all three perspectives!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review Renu :D Yay for enjoying this one so much. <3 I loved it. But so heartbreaking. Ahh. I actually didn't really like Felix, lol :D But loved Luka. Hih. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...